One day you will be a Queen and you must open your eyes.
--William Wallace, BRAVEHEART

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Love Letters

So sorry that it has been so long since I have posted. I was living the adventure, we could say. Turning another chapter in my fairy tale. I read something the other day that took hold of my heart, something that keeps returning to my consciousness and speaking to me over and over again. A message written for me, and ironically it is about messages for me...ok, you will understand as you read...
"Every song you love, every memory you cherish, every moment that has moved you to holy tears has been given to you from the One who has been pursuing you from your first breath in order to win your heart." Captivating, by John and Stasi Eldredge, pg 116
Love letters! from He who loves you more than anyone could ever imagine loving you, who very litterally loved you more than life itself! So you see, this quote speaks of God sending messages to me all the time, but the quote itself was a message to me, to open my eyes to the other things! And I have been thinking of it non-stop ever since! I hope that I will always think of it.

The most gorgeous sunset I have seen in a long time, postcard-like: a painting designed for me.
Incredible soul piercing worship music: composed as a lovesong for me.
A tear-jerker romance movie: directed and written for none other than me, about me!
2 beautiful, heartwarming children: created and designed for me
An incredible, beyond words to describe husband: created, molded and led to me, to reflect the ultimate love God has for me day after day.

And there are love letters out there for you. Just look around and open your eyes, everything beautiful, everything that speaks to YOUR heart, it was made and brought to your attention that very moment, by the creator of all things, the lover of your soul, God himself. Let him know how much you love them, how much you love Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Every song you love, every memory you cherish, every moment that has moved you to holy tears has been given to you from the One who has been pursuing you from your first breath in order to win your heart" I love this quote and loved this book! It is so neat how God pursues us with his love...he is quite the romancer:)It is neat how he can speak to us in so many ways like you said...the wind againest your skin, a child's laugh,or a kind word someone. Our God is pretty creative:) A great blog Nicole...great reminders! Keep on keeping on girl!

Marylou said...

Thanks Nicole! Beautiful thoughts about our Beautiful Creator Who has made everything perfect, and loves us beyound our understanding!I am so glad you are back online!